This authentically detailed replica is a reproduction of the actual filming prop built by Weta Workshop of New Zealand and used in the motion picture, THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY. United Cutlery, industry leader in fine movie reproductions, has meticulously recreated the prop using only the finest grade materials and craftsmanship. Close attention to detail was a top priority. The blade of Orcrist features a curved leaf shape on one side, and a straight edge on the other, a fitting design for a blade meant to cleave Orcs and Goblins. Adorning the pommel is an emblem of the heraldry of Ecthelion of the Fountain. The hilt is shaped from the tooth of a dragon. It is unknown if the tooth was acquired prior to the fifth battle of the First Age, or added to the sword with the inscription in the millennia after the Fall of Gondolin, most likely by the Dwarves of the North.
- Inscriptions on the sword in Elven runes: On the guard is the name Orcrist "Goblin-cleaver"
- Blade: Stainless steel with etched runic inscription: "The serpent's tooth"
- Hilt: Solid metal parts, simulated gem stones, acrylic resin grip cast
- Includes wood wall display and certificate of authenticity
- 38 ¾" long; 25 7/8" blade