Date Published: 2016-02-01
Fixed Blade or Folder for EDC: You Decide
When it comes to every day carry knives (EDC), you have a plethora of options. They can be different colors, different sizes and different materials. Choosing a knife can sometimes be mind-boggling, if you don’t know what you’re looking for. The first thing, though, you need to decide is whether you want a fixed blade knife or a folding pocket knife as your EDC.
Benefits of a Fixed Blade Knife
• You have a solid piece of steel instead of something that has parts that could malfunction or break.
• It’s more convenient to draw and put away.
• You can perform heavy-duty jobs that require chopping, hammering or prying without fear of damaging it.
• They can be less expensive than a folder.
• They require less maintenance and are easier to clean.
Benefits of a Folding Pocket Knife
• It’s more practical to carry because it’s compact and goes right in your pocket.
• It’s not illegal to carry.
• It doesn’t draw attention at the workplace or in public places.
• It’s a long-time manly tradition.
• It’s better at smaller tasks that require precision.
Whether you choose a fixed blade or a folder, pick the EDC that fits you and meets your specific needs. The information above may help you make the decision a little less complicated. As you can see, they both have great benefits. Of course, there is a third option – get one of each and switch them out as needed.Check out some more information on the pros and cons of fixed blades and folding pocket knives